Sunday, June 24, 2007

Heart for Life Run/Walk

Today was an amazing day. It was the 9th Annual Heart for Life Run, which I am proud to say I have participated in all 9 years now. I was excited this would be Mia's first year participating with us. However, the day turned out to much more special. After picking up our race numbers, I walked back to the group to see them all in purple shirts. It turns out that Pam, Kelly, and Cort with some input from Sarah and Ian and made shirts for everyone to honor my dad. On the front they said "Knuckles for Jerry" since my dad was always giving everyone knuckles, and on the back they said "In our hearts for life." They even got Mia a little shirt. It was just beautiful and amazing to continue to see such support and what an impact my dad had on so many people. I am also so lucky to have such a wonderful group of friends and family.

Our Group
Cort and I with Mia

Cort giving knuckles

Becky, Mia, Jen, Noah and Mom

The best friend in the world!
Graham and Payton
Melissa and Michael
Pam and Ryan
Aidan running the kid's race
The Anderson Family
The kids resting with their medals after the kid's run

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Becky, What an amazing day that must have been! And what a special way to honor and remember your Dad. You had such a big group and they all looked great in their purple shirts!!! :)Kristen