Friday, February 6, 2009

Potty Training Sucess!

As I write this post, we are on day 2 of potty training! I had always thought that I would just do a "potty bootcamp" type of weekend, but Mia had been showing so much interest and staying dry that we decided to just go for it. Mia has always been interested in the potty, but ever since she has started school, she has become even more into it. She had been staying dry for long periods of time (even overnight many times), asking to use the potty, and actually going when she said she needed to. I would pick her up from school and she would still be in the same (dry) diaper that she had been in and her teachers would tell me that she had used the potty all morning, many times telling them she needed to go.

Sooooo, the other day when I picked her up her teacher told me I really should send her in underwear the next day (I guess she figured I needed that push-ha, ha!). I was really nervous about taking the plunge, but I did it, also sending a long SEVERAL extra outfits (plus she already has some there too). Imagine my suprise when I picked her up she was still in her outfit from the morning. I couldn't believe it! Same thing happened again today. The only bump in the road was yesterday when she was playing over at Sarah and Ian's she was upstairs playing and I probably should have been asking her more frequently if she needed to go. I will leave out the gory details, but it involved a bit of cleanup. :)

Overall though, she has been doing awesome! I never thought it would be so easy, but I guess when they are ready, they are ready! She is still in a diaper overnight, just in case, but hopefully we will phase that out down the road.

Here is one of those pictures that I am sure I will embarrass Mia with when she is a teenager

3 comments:

Julie, Charlie, Carter, Logan & Ava said...

Hooray Mia! Welcome to the big kid club! I'm so proud of you (and you too Becky, it's a big step for a Mommy!)!

mrs.monica @ RTP_inHeels said...

so cute! She looks like your mom there!

Pam said...

That's a girl!!! Way to go :) So proud of my girl.