Saturday, October 24, 2009

2009 School Pictures

About a month ago Mia had school pictures. I always am curious as to how these will turn out since I am not there to fix her hair or make sure she smiles. :) However, given the cheesiness of school pictures, I actually thought hers turned out pretty cute (and of course she has crazy hair!). These are scanned so they really don't look so orange in real life! Thanks also to Venessa who gave Mia this outfit-it has already gotten a lot of mileage. :)
My favorite
Pose 2

Pose 3-not crazy about this one
Class pic (she has a small class and but I think some kids are missing)


Now even though Ava wasn't attending school yet at the time (since she wasn't 3 yet), the school invited her to come. When Sarah and I were filling out the information for pictures there was an area you could check off if you wanted "sibling" pictures. We decided to have Mia and Ava take a picture together in addition to their individual ones.

That day when I picked up Mia, her teacher told me what a great job Mia did when taking her individual pictures. Apparently she was smiley, happy, etc. But then as soon as it was time to take a picture with Ava, she was not having it. After much encouraging and bribery (they said she could set the table for lunch if she took a picture with Ava), she took some pictures. BUT, her teacher warned me, she probably wasn't going to look to happy in them.

I burst out laughing when I picked up the pictures. This is what we got...


I seriously don't think I have laughed so hard in a long time. Mia just looks so tortured and sad! It reminds me of pictures that are on Awkward Family Photos. Have you seen this site? It is totally hilarious! Luckily I snapped a couple before hand, although I am sad she did not smile for the school one because I totally would have bought that first one of them!


No comments: