Sunday, December 6, 2009

A Ride on the Polar Express

One of my all-time favorite Christmas books is The Polar Express. It is so beautifully illustrated and I love the message in the book (all about believing in Santa). A couple years ago Kristy had told me they do Polar Express trains around Christmas time and I had been keeping that in the back of my head. Along with that, my mom had mentioned last year how fun it would be to take the kids on one. I had marked it on my calendar to look into tickets this year, but before I had a chance, my mom told me they had stopped doing it. However, I did some googling and was able to still find one going out of Lisle. :)

So today, Jen and I surprised my mom and took her on a trip on the Polar Express. :) We left the littlest ones at home (Cole and Claire) since you don't actually get off the train. We knew it would probably be too long for them to be contained, plus after Cole's experience with Santa, I don't think being confined in a small space with him would be such a great idea. :)

The ride was a ton of fun. The whole train was filled and they kept things going the whole time with caroling, elves, clowns who made reindeer balloons, other costumed characters, and of course-Santa! The kids (and adults too) really seemed like they had a great time. Of course at the end they got bells too (a big part of the story). Here are some pics...

The kids and us with Grammy

Mia and Noah right as the train started

Cort, Mia and Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer

And Elf making Noah a reindeer balloon

Mia snuggling up to Santa



Noah and Santa
 
Mia with her bell

Grammy, Noah and Mia


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Kids !