Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Santa!

The day before Thanksgiving Cort and I decided to take the kids to the Picture People.  While I am well-aware of the fact that I can take pics of the kids in the comfort of my own home, A) it has become increasingly difficult to try and wrangle and shoot pictures of Cole B) I don't have cute winter props :) and C) Santa was going to be at the Picture People.  The main intention was to get a cute pic of the kids with Santa like last year

Mission Accomplished???  Not quite!  See below:



Poor Cole was not a fan of Santa.  We tried a couple of times, but he was not having it, not even with Mia showing him that Santa is nice.  By the way, she chose her time sitting on his lap to share with him what Zip (our cat) wants for Christmas. :) 


Here's Mia's cheesy Christmas grin


It was not all a waste though.  Luckily before Santa arrived I had them take some pics of the kids individually and together.  Here are a couple of those...

My favorite of Cole

Sassy Mia

Cole's serious look (this look is so him!)

Mia


Overall I was pleased.  Normally going to the Picture People makes me want to scream, but it was a rather pleasant experience this time.  We were actually in and out very quickly (of course they were ready for us right when we got there and we had to still change the kids-they never run on time, figures!!) and got 2 free 8x10s for bringing a toy for Toys for Tots-yay!  I will say that I probably will not venture back until next Christmas though!

We have a breakfast with Santa coming up for Mia's school.  Wish us luck that we make it out of there without and tears!!! :)

No comments: