Thursday, June 10, 2010

MIa's 1st Soccer Game

Today was Mia's 1st soccer game.  She has been attending summer camp where she goes to school during the school year, and this week the theme was soccer.  We went out, bought some shin guards and soccer socks and she was ready to go. :)  I was a little worried how it would go since Mia is a little on the slow side and tends to get frustrated easily when she doesn't get a turn.  But as the week has gone on, I have heard no complaints and it seems like everything has gone well.  Today's game was the culmination of their practice during the week.

It was so cute.  They had the kids divided up by age so Mia played in the 3-6 year old game.  I use the word "game" loosely.  It was basically the kids just running around all wanting to get a chance to kick the ball.  Cort and I were impressed how well Mia kept up and that she did a good job making contact with the ball several times. 

However, a bit into the game, she started getting a bit angry and frustrated when she didn't get to the ball first.  :)  After some encouragement from her "coach" (a nice high school soccer player), she kept on going.  After the game Mia and I had the following exchange:

Mia: Everyone kept trying to take the ball away from me.
Me: Yes honey, that is what soccer is. :)

I have to say though we were proud of her keeping up and definitely see more soccer in her future.

Posing before camp
Demonstrating her kicking skills
When did she get so big?
She was so excited to see me there
Team cheer before the game
Kicking the ball
Chasing after the ball

It doesn't matter they are on the same team, they both want the ball. :)

Getting a little fired up (I see the Cort in her here, ha, ha!)
Ava and Mia after the game (Ava played in the 1st 3-6 game, there were a lot of kids!)
Me and my girl
One more of Mia and Ava

No comments: