Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Visit to Blackberry Farm

Today Cort and I packed up the kids, dropped Mia off at summer camp (for her 1st day of swimming-fun!) and took Cole to Blackberry Farm.  Blackberry Farm is a little pioneer village with a lot of fun things to do including a train, a tractor/wagon ride, a carousel and pony rides.  We had went with Cole last year, but he was still pretty young to enjoy it.  This year he LOVED it.  We did a steady rotation of the train, carousel, pony, and wagon ride with the farm animals and corn table thrown in.  I think the chance of rain kept a lot of people away, so we had the place to ourselves and didn't have to wait for anything.  I am loving summer!

On the train

Cole really loved the carousel

Riding his pony "Misty"
Petting Misty
Back on the train
With Daddy
Cracking up
Cole thought it was hysterical going through the dark tunnel.  I pointed my camera toward him while we were in there and died laughing when I saw this picture :)  I think it is hysterical he was sitting there with a big grin on his face in the dark. :)
Right after we got out of the tunnel signing "more"
Back on the carousel
Love the seriousness of this one
But not for long...
Mommy and Cole
Visiting the goats
This duck came running over to me, I think he thought I had food for him
I think I have decided to fill our water table with feed corn.  I think Cole would have stayed at this table all day if we let him. 
Cole has still not transitioned fully to just one nap a day, so he starts to get tired mid-morning.  When he gets tired he rubs his hair and sucks his thumb-so cute!
Back on Misty

1 comment:

Dore Family said...

I can't believe how BIG he is!!! Looks like he had a blast. Wish we had a place like that around us. Miss you guys a ton :-)