Saturday, June 18, 2011

Indiana Dunes

Last summer Cort and I took the kids to the Warren Dunes and had an amazing time.  After talking with my Mom and Jen, we were reminded how my Mom used to go to the Dunes ever summer with her family, bringing fried chicken that my Grandma would make and spending the day in the sun.  We thought it would be fun to bring my mom there (fried chicken and all!) since it had been a long time since she had visited.  The original plan was to go to the Warren Dunes in Michigan, but the weather forecast was looking a little sketchy.  We decided to go to the Indiana Dunes instead in case the weather turned we wouldn't have driven as far. 

Just like last year, the Dunes didn't disappoint.  The kids and adults all had a great time!  My only complaint is the water was quite cold, although it didn't seem to bother my water babies!  Here are a ton of pictures from the day....

Cole enjoying the sand
Mia doing her best Baywatch run  :)
I cannot begin to explain how cold the water was-it hurt my legs, but apparently Mia didn't notice
Diving in-Mia became much more comfortable in the water this summer


Cole got in on the water action, but my little skinny bones got cold a lot quicker
Love how happy he looks here!


Enjoying the waves

A view of the whole family enjoying the beach
Claire-bear putting her toes in the water
Mia and Mommy building a castle
Cole and Cort pondering life :)
Grammy and Mia!
Mike working on his super-cool sand castle
Cole and Aunt Jen
Time for a break!
Lunchtime-fried chicken and birthday cupcakes for my mom

And of course, we had to conquer the dunes (click to see larger)!
Proud to be at the top!
Cole making his way up
Cousins 
Cole and Daddy at the top
The kids chose a variety of ways to get down-rolling, running, taking breaks, etc....











Sandy face after rolling part-way down
Pulins Fam
Where's Mia's body?
Brave Cort-did I mention the water was cold??
Cole
Family Pic
(CLICK OLDER POSTS TO SEE MORE UPDATES)

No comments: