Wednesday, January 23, 2008

The Grandparents Find Out

Okay, The fatigue is slowly starting to go away (not a ton, but at least I have some energy tonight!). I am going to be doing some catching up, so my posts may be a bit out of order. I will go back later and rearrange, but I've got a lot of catching up to do first!

After keeping my pregnancy secret for what felt like forever, we were so excited to finally tell the grandparents-to-be. We headed over to Cort's parents first house with Mia wearing her big-sister T-shirt. Cort and I were trying so hard not to laugh because his parents did not notice it at all. Cort finally brought Mia over to his mom and told her to read the back of her shirt (I'm going to be a big sister!) and then she got it. Cort's parents were very excited of course to have a 4th grandchild on the way.

Realizing what Mia's shirt says
The next night we headed over to my mom's and did the same thing. My mom always loves to see what Mia is wearing, so she noticed her shirt right away. She was so excited and surprised, so we went out to dinner to celebrate. This will also be her 4th grandchild-all which will have come in a 2 year span!

Checking out the shirt

Mia with a happy grandma-to-be

1 comment:

Jaidean said...

That's funny. We did the shirt thing with Teagun too and after about 45 minutes with my family I couldn't take it any longer and was like, "Read his shirt!" :) When we told my MIL we only lasted about 5 minutes before we told her to read the shirt (she is always in to what he is wearing too so I thought she would recognize it right away, but nope)!