Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Baby #2 Update

There hasn't been a lot of news in the last month to report in regards to Baby #2, but yesterday afternoon I had my monthly update (16-weeks). One thing that made me laugh was that a nurse that I saw a lot towards the end of my pregnancy with Mia (when you are going weekly) was the one who called me in and I hadn't seen her yet. The first thing out of her mouth was something like "Wow! You're already back!" :)

Everything looked good with my blood pressure, etc. I am up 3 more pounds for a total of 6 right now. I saw the new nurse-practioner my office has this time. It took a little while to find the heartbeat again, which I hate, and it required some serious pressing on my stomach. Once the nurse-practitioner found it, it was a strong 162. I looked back at what Mia's heartbeat was around this same point and at 15 weeks with her it was 150. So we will see if the old-wives tale continues to be true that higher heartrate means girl.
Speaking of finding out the sex, we have our level-2 ultrasound scheduled for Febuary 21st. If the baby cooperates, we will be finding out at that time. I also had an echo to monitor my heart valve and a follow-up with my cardiologist and everything looks good! I will go back for one final echo and appointment about a month before the baby is due to arrive to make sure everything looks okay.

That's about it for now! Picture to come later...

1 comment:

Our family said...

Glad to hear things are going well! Payton had a high heartbeat and was a boy so you never know:) Can't wait to find out on the 21st.