Friday, August 22, 2008

Mia's Swollen Eye

About 3 weeks after bringing Cole home from the hospital, I started to notice that Mia's eye looked like it had a bug bite above it and was a little red and swollen. I didn't think too much of it until she woke up the next day looking like someone hit her in the eye-it was partially swollen shut. :(

As bad as it looked though, Mia seemed pretty oblivious. Just to be cautious I took her to the doctor (one of my first outings with both kids-fun!). Apparently she is probably just more allergic to bug bites than the average kid since she tends to swell up so much from them. They suggested giving her some benadryl and after about a day or two it got back to normal. Never a dull moment around here!

The swollen eye was accompanied by a nice bruise on her forehead from hitting her head the day before. My poor baby looks beat-up!

Still smiling!

(August 5)

No comments: