Sunday, August 24, 2008

Triathlon

This Sunday I went downtown with Kristy and met up with Melissa, Ryan, Ryan's parents, and Pam's mom to cheer on Pam and Kelly in the Chicago Triathlon. First off, they did an awesome job!!! I know they have been training hard and I cannot imagine swimming, biking, and running the distance they did and I am so proud of them! Second, I have to give credit to Ryan for being an awesome triathlon guide and knowing the best places for us to go and be able to see Pam and Kelly numerous times along the way.

We had such a good time cheering the girls on, enjoying the beautiful morning (Kristy and I were on the road by 5:15 a.m.!!!!) and having some relaxation time away from little ones. :)

Congrats Pam and Kelly-you guys rock!!!

Kelly and Pam

How crazy is this???? Ryan had told me the night before that the building said this, so I had to snap a picture when we got downtown. (Some of you might remember this is the building from Adventures in Babysitting)

Getting ready for the swim-Kelly Pam

Pam's triathlon "wave"
Pam's wave in the water with the sun rising
Michaela Phelps :)

And onto the running (I don't have any biking pics)....


And finishing strong!

The girls relaxing with their fan club after finishingMe, Kristy and Melissa--Pam and Kelly's personal cheerleaders :)
After the race group shot
ISU girls (we miss you who are not here!!!)

1 comment:

Pam said...

Becky....you are the best!!! You captured my every breathe...literally.....those are some great pics I will cherish forever....should i do another tri?