Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Mimi's First Haircut

If you can believe it, before yesterday Mia had never had her haircut. That is 2 years and 7 months without ever having to have a trim! Really it is more like a year though since her hair only started coming in last February. :)

Either way, she has had a lot of frizziness and dead ends in the back and I was wanting to just get it evened out a TINY bit. I was very nervous that I was going to go in and they would chop off her curls and I would have several people who read this blog to answer to. : ) Luckily though, the stylist trimmed Mia's hair ever so slightly and it is now nice and even in the back (which you can't really tell unless it is wet since her hair is so curly).

I took Mia to Kid Snips in Naperville since they had sent us a postcard for a $10 haircut. Kid Snips is one of those places where they get to sit in the fun chair, watch TV, get a prize, etc., etc., etc. Sarah and Ava came along with us too. The girls both did great. Neither of them acted phased like it was a big deal at all and it was very quick and painless. The stylist also gave me some tips on how to prevent some of the frizziness and said that Mia's hair appears curly from the top, so even if her curls got cut off it would still be curly-who knows?

So now what you are all waiting for-the pictures!!

Before-super-excited to be in cool chair
During-getting her sprayed down
The first official cut-I will admit I was nervous. :)
After the haircut (I know you are thinking you probably can't even tell the difference!)
And styled
I had to add this too because Mia was loving the chair.
And this is so cute-they gave us a certificate with Mia's picture and the first lock of hair they cut as a keepsake.

3 comments:

Our family said...

Her hair still looks adorable:)

mrs.monica @ RTP_inHeels said...

I can't believe she's never had a haircut...Ty goes like every 6 weeks since he was like 8 months:) She looks great!

Julie, Charlie, Carter, Logan & Ava said...

Congratualtions on your first haircut Mia! Here's to many days in your future at the spa and salon! It's only just begun...