Monday, May 18, 2009

Bass Pro Easter Bunny

Since I am so behind, I am going to back up to Easter and share a couple of posts about our various Easter festivities. First off, we had heard that Bass Pro was going to be having an Easter Bunny. Since this is one of Mia's favorite places to go anyhow (she loves the fish and tents!), we figured we would take the kids there to get a picture with the Easter Bunny. I wasn't so sure how it would go. A couple of days earlier we had an Easter Egg hunt in our neighborhood and the Easter Bunny made an appearance. While Cole was more than happy to sit with the Easter Bunny, Mia was not having it. I figured we would give it a try anyhow. This is what we got:


and just so you can get the full effect, I cropped in a little closer

While Cole is as happy as can be, Mia was not having it and totally freaking out. In order for us to even get a picture, Cort and I had to sit there too. And as you can see, we were obviously not expecting to have our picture taken. :)

We decided to relax a bit and check out the fish and tents, and as we were walking around I asked Mia why she didn't like the Easter Bunny. She told me that she was scared of him. I then explained that he was nice and like Santa and would bring her treats on Easter morning. Suddenly she had a change if heart and wanted to go see him again (funny how that works!). Luckily the line was short, so we tried again. Here is what we got the second time around....

and the close-up

No comments: