Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day

First off, Happy Father's Day to Cort, who is a wonderful daddy to Mia and Cole. He is very loved!!!

Today to celebrate Father's Day, we took a little trip to see the Kane County Cougars with our family, Sarah and Ian's family, and Cort's parents. Despite the fact that the weather was supposed to be overcast, the sun was shining periodically, baking us and making it rather hot and sticky. The kids did good though, with breaks in the shade, some treats, and a trip to the kids area with the jumpies and slides. While I couldn't really tell you much of what happened during the game, a good time was had by all, and that was followed up by a trip to Sonic for some cool treats-yum!!

I will start with 2 pics actually from yesterday-I realized that heat stroke must have caused me to forget taking any pictures of Cort with the kids today-duh!!

Cort and Mia-perfecting her gymnast moves

Cort and Cole

And from the game today....

Mia and Ava checking out the players on the field
Cole found my leftover pizza on a plate on the blanket and was going to town on it :)
Funny story-as soon as Mia saw some kids with the "Number 1s," she knew she just had to have one. I tried to distract her from that idea, but she kept bringing it up. One of the times I had Cole in the shade in the concourse I saw a vendor with them. They weren't too expensive, but of course I didn't have my money on me. He said he would make his way over to the lawn later (where we were sitting), but by that time, I already was at the play area with Mia. Gigi and Papa surprised her though when we got back and I have not seen Mia so happy in a long time. She was so excited to put her "Number 1" on her hand. :)

And the trip to Sonic...

Cole enjoying Papa making piggy noises at him since Cole wanted to eat all of his ice cream
Mia enjoying her sundae
Cole and Papa

Wiped out on the way home


1 comment:

Sue said...

Only a PERFECT day leaves kids at such peace in carseats. Gotta love those moments.