Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Look Who's Riding a Bike!

Yikes!  How can it already be September?  As usual I am super-behind on blogging, most specifically the kids birthdays and our trip out to California this summer, so hopefully I will get caught up soon.

Before I do though, here are some pics from today.  We are enjoying the wonderful, cooler early fall weather (as much as it pains me to say summer is over) and we have been spending some time outside.  We have had a bike with training wheels sitting in our garage for quite awhile that was a hand-me-down from a friend.  Mia has been on it a time or two, but in true Mia fashion her talents lie more in the verbal realm than the physical realm.  :)  After a very long trip to the park the other day on a much smaller tricycle-type bike, I realized that Mia needed some help practicing her peddling and steering.  You see Mia has some short little legs (she is short for her age) and lacks a bit of leg strength.  She is also easily distracted by leaves, acorns, birds and bunnies. :)

However, I have to say Mia pleasantly surprised us and was riding her bike rather well after just a little bit of practice.  We were very proud of her and she was very proud of herself.  She even took one fairly nasty fall and when I said she could walk the rest of the way home, she was crying that she wanted to get back on her bike. That a girl!

Mia posing with her bike

Riding



1 comment:

Dore Family said...

What a big girl!!! GO MIA!!!