Thursday, September 16, 2010

Mia's 1st Dance Class

Today Mia had her first ever dance class at Dance Dimensions in Bolingbrook.  I have been meaning to sign her up for dance FOREVER, but Venessa gave me the push I needed by suggesting we join the class she had signed Erica up for. Thanks Ness!  It is a 1-hour class that is a combo of Tap, Ballet, and Tumbling.  The last couple of days have been building up the excitement as we got her shoes, tried on her leotards (Thanks Lisa!) and talked about what class would be like.  Needless to say, it was a hit!  She really liked having Erica in the class and she made a new friend Lily, the daughter of one my friends from my junior high days.  What a great surprise!  She had a great time and I think this will be a great way to improve her coordination.  :)  And of course, pictures... 

Waiting for class to begin
Erica and Mia
So excited to be in the studio for the first time
Not so sure...
But then jumping right in!
All the girls dancing
Tapping her heel
The girls concentrating
Mia and Erica again
Jumping :)
Love this! You can see how excited she is :)
The girls
Pretending to sleep-part of one of the songs
Hi Mom!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

OMG I love it! Sammy told me last night for the first time really that she LOVES to dance..which makes me so happy.. ; ) Mia looks likes she is having so much fun and I love the pics of the concentration.

Becky's Blog said...

That's awesome Shannon! :) She really did have a good time, so I am hoping we can stick with it for a while!

Nicki said...

Aw, that dance class looks adorable! Little BEar was in a dance class when she was a preschooler, but had to drop out because it was TOO structured for her. This one Mia is in looks like its just right!