Wednesday, August 4, 2010

The Nature Museum and Cupcakes

All summer long I have been wanting to get into the city with the kids.  But it has been a crazy-busy summer with lots of traveling and it just hadn't happened yet.  Until Monday.  I think the fact that it is August has put me into high-gear to do and take care of some of the things I was saying I was going to do this summer, but hadn't yet done.  So we packed up the car and hit the road. We started first at the Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum and went to the butterfly haven which was a huge hit.  We then ate lunch outside looking out at the city-so pretty!  The kids spent the rest of the afternoon checking out the various exhibits.  I had thought we might end up at either Lincoln Park Zoo or the beach, but the kids were entertained at the museum so we stayed there.  However, before leaving the city, I wanted to take the quick walk up to Molly's Cupcakes to get some of the best cupcakes ever (thanks to Pam for introducing me!!).  They were yummy and of course the kids loved them. :)  Here is a little collage of pictures, click it if you want to see it larger.   


No comments: