Thursday, October 18, 2007

Where Have I Been?

So I know it has been awhile!!! October has been a crazy, busy month!! So what have we been up to? I will update with a bunch of posts below so you can see.

Before I do that though, I will give a little update on Mia. My little girl is getting so big!! She is now 14 months old. She has become obsessed with Halloween decorations. Everytime we go on a walk, she is sure to point out the pumpkins on each person's porch. She has been quite the chatterbox lately, even though half the time we don't know quite what she is saying. :) Some of her words include: mom, dad, up, duck, and pumpkin (more like bumkin-only we probably understand this one). She will also repeat a lot of things (cat, Zip, spider, etc.), but not necessarily do it unprompted. She will sign "more," "milk," and "yes," although she likes to stick with just one sign sometimes.

One of Mia's newest favorite activity is going down slides. I swear she must have gone down the slide at the park today 100 times! She likes to go down on her stomach, feet first, although she will go by herself sitting up too. She is also quite the climber-she will climb over anything in her way and fling herself around. If you tell her to dance or jump, she will bounce up and down (she does the same thing for both!). It is so cute. She also loves to be tickled and will let out big giggles. Then if you tell her to tickle you, she will do it, but she expects a big reaction out of you (fake laughs!), which gets her laughing even harder.

Mia has also learned how to run away, which she finds extremely amusing. She will make a beeline away from me when she sees me coming with a diaper or her PJs at night. She thinks this is so funny and shrieks with laughter as she is crawling full-speed away. Mia has also perfected her cry when something is taken away from her, or when it is time to leave somewhere and she is not ready. This happened at the park today after the 100th time down the slide. :)

Mia's top 2 teeth have come in and you can see them pretty well now. She has had a rough couple of days because another top tooth is on its way in. Teething sure is fun! Mia also is finally starting to grow some hair, although I guess I should be careful what I wish for. She is now sporting the beginning of a lovely baby mullet. Her hair gets so crazy too-it actually has a bit of curl to it. I think we will be in that awkward growing out stage for awhile.

Mia has been doing a good job with her transition to table food. She pretty much will eat whatever we are having which is very nice. The only problem is that whenever I am eating something that looks different than what she has on her tray, she wants it. I have to be careful what I eat in front of her! Of course I add some extra yummies for her at dinnertime like peas and carrots-she loves them! She also likes her sweets too and will easily put down a whole cupcake if we are at a birthday party.

So that's about it, hopefully that catches me up a bit!! Enjoy all the catch-up posts below!

No comments: