Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Eggs, A Shower and Lots of Kids!

I know I often say we had a busy weekend, but this past weekend was crazy busy! Saturday started with an Easter Egg Hunt my neighborhood was having. Since Cort was working detention, Pam came over to help take Mia down to the park. Mia was less than thrilled to wake up, be shoved into clothes and a coat, and then taken out into the cold. :) She was a little unsure before the hunt began (and didn't appreciate waiting), but soon got more into it. She put about 6 eggs in her basket and then was done. :) Afterwards she had a chance to see the Easter Bunny, but was a little spooked, so I had to hold her rather than having her sit on his lap. :) Don't mind Mia's crazy outfit in these pictures...

Waiting to start-playing with a trinket from her Easter basket from Pam
With the Easter Bunny looking terrified (he is slightly frightening!)
Collecting eggs

With Auntie Pam
After the hunt, we quickly headed back home where the 3 of us changed to get ready for Dave and Liz's bridal shower (and Mia ate some Easter candy from the eggs she collected). We then quickly got back in the car and headed to Home Run Inn. It was sooooooo great to see Dave and Liz, not to mention everyone else! The food was awesome (they just kept bringing more and more) and it was great to sit and chat with everyone! Mia got to come along as well and had a good time playing with Liz, the balloons, and the video games. It was nice to get to celebrate with Dave and Liz since I am so bummed I will have to miss their wedding.

Mommy and Mia (she had her mouth full-she's so like her mommy!)
Dave and Liz
After that, we went back home where we welcomed everyone to come hang out some more with Dave and Liz (this time guys and more kids included). It is crazy to see how we have multiplied! The kids had a ball running wild in the basement, I think if I counted right there was 11 of them! Mia of course couldn't be bothered to stay up past her 7:00 bedtime, but the older kids played into the night. Once the kids headed home, the guys started up with the cards. I didn't go to bed until probably about 2:00 a.m., which is WAY past my bedtime. :) Cort was a saint and got up with Mia (I am embarrased to admit I didn't even hear her wake up on the monitor!) and let me sleep in the next morning.

Mia and Auntie Liz (the baby-whisperer)

Mini-Pat (aka Ryan)

Ryan and Patrick

Ava, Jordan and Stephanie playing tea party

The power of television-the only thing that slowed them down!
Lincoln (gosh I hope I'm getting that right!)
Ava and Liz

No comments: