Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Randomness

So I thought I would share some randomness for a Wednesday. First off, several people have commented to me on the new look of the blog or about the header. I wish I could take credit for such creativity, but I can't. Janice, who has a really cute website called Design Eleven Templates had the template for free on her personal blog with nice detailed instructions. :) She is very creative and makes all sorts of adorable cards and blog headers. All I really had to do was cut and paste and insert a picture of Mia-not too bad! Check out Kristy's blog too, she has the boy version.

Second, we have been moving slowly with baby stuff-things are sure different the second time around when you already have one that takes up all your time. But I am happy to say that we have settled on bedding and accessories for the nursery. I was looking for something more modern and everything I was finding was super-expensive-shocker I know. Cort and I were at Babies R Us the other day and I came across this Popstar Bedding I loved and that was really reasonable in price. Here are some pictures (keep in mind they are a little busy and we will not be adding every single accessory:




My next couple of tasks-

1) Finish clearing out the office. We are about 1/2 way done.

2) Finalize the furniture. We need to check one or two more places which I hope to do next week in hopes of finding a nice, reasonably priced dark-wood set.


3) Have Cort buy and set up a new closet organizer. We did this in Mia's room and I want to get the same one. We have a lot of boys clothes now thanks to a swap with my sister, Aidan's old clothes, gifts, and some stuff I have bought on clearance and I would like to get these organized

And my last random thought of the day is how my life has changed in the last couple of years. Instead of spending my upcoming Spring Break on the warm sandy beaches of Mexico, I will be spending it with a toddler at the Wilderness Resort in the Wisconsin Dells. :) Needless to say, Cort and I are very excited to get away for a couple of days and I know Mia is going to have a ball at the indoor waterparks there. The Wilderness came highly recommended by both Melissa and Mike and Nic, so I know it is kid-tested and parent-approved. :) Time to break out the maternity swimsuits-yikes!!!

1 comment:

Annie said...

I love the bedding! Nice choice.