Wednesday, July 8, 2009

4th of July-Part 4

After leaving Erica's birthday party, we headed over to Sarah and Ian's house to join them, the Dasbachs, Smiths, Andersons, and Kate and Rich. Sarah was the grillmaster and all the kids had fun playing while the adults had fun eating. :) The weather was still pretty bad at this point, but by 8ish started to clear up. Despite the pouring rain all day, we were still able to watch the fireworks. We went across the street and sat in the backyard of Sarah and Ian's neighbors. We live close enough to the golf course that we had a pretty decent view of the fireworks, not to mention the neighbors' fireworks are always pretty impressive too.

We had put Cole down earlier in the night and woke him up to go. We weren't sure how he would do, especially since he really didn't used to be a big fan of loud noises, but he actually did awesome. For the first part he just snuggled with me and watched the bright lights, but after he woke up a bit, he was on the move! Just like last year, Mia loved them. In fact, she really wasn't too interested in sitting by me. I kept asking her, but she was doing just fine in her camp chair by herself. :)

Here are some more pictures.

Family picture-Cole looks thrilled, doesn't he? :)
Mia and Ryan
Alli
Cole on the move-I love this picture even though it is blurry-he was coming at me too fast!
I had several sad attempts to get a picture of the two kids together (this one is the best if that says anything). This may go down in history as the worst picture ever-I totally overexposed them and it's blurry-oops!
Mia and Ava showing their patriotic "flair"
Getting ready to watch the fireworks-all the big kids in their camp chairs
So excited
Cole still waking up
Waiting...
Let me just add here that I was never allowed to do sparklers as a child. Hopefully my family will not freak out too much when they see this picture. :) Cort was nearby-I promise!!!
Sarah and Ava doing sparklers
Fireworks shot

No comments: