Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Patriotic Pictures

Here are some late patriotic pictures that I wanted to post earlier, but they were a surprise. My grandpa recently was chosen participate in Honor Flight Chicago. This organization helps take WWII vets to Washington DC free of charge, so that they can see the WWII memorial, along with other DC sights. It is a really amazing thing and our family was so excited that my grandpa was chosen (and that my cousin Mike was able to accompany him). I think it is such a great way to honor his and other veterans' service to our country.

On the flight home, they do a "mail call" like they used to do back during the war. We were all invited to write letters and I thought it would be fun that the kids' card had their pictures. It was right around 4th of July time, so I was able to raid the Target Dollar Spot (love it!!!) and get some fun props.

Today was the day my grandpa took his honor flight and from what I have heard so far, it was a great experience.

Here are the pics (I used the first 2 for his card)....






3 comments:

BPearce said...

I've been reading & enjoying your blog for a while now (went to HS w/Cort & found your site through Shannon's). I always enjoy your posts & pics but this one is one of the best. What an amazing thing to be able to do for your grandfather and the pictures are beautiful. Thanks for sharing!

Sue said...

Becky the picks are wonderful. Wish you were closer to us so you could do pics of Emily and Nick.

Raising Cains said...

once again, awesome pics! and that little girl of yours is a modern shirley temple. too cute!!