Sunday, September 27, 2009

American Heart Association Heart Walk

This past weekend I participated in the American Heart Association's Start! Heart Walk, along with my family. Jen had organized a team for our family to walk in honor of my dad. About a month ago I had posted about raising money and I am so proud to say I reached my goal, plus some, as you can see by the thermometer on the side of the page! I have to say thank you to all my wonderful friends who supported me and made donations. I even had friends through facebook who I have not seen in 10+ years donate. THANK YOU all so much! It truly means the world to me that you would help me to honor my dad's memory this way.

I am also very proud of my family. Through our team (my sister, her husband Mike, Cort, my mom and aunt) we raised over $1,800 total! That is amazing and will go to such a great cause!! My dad was a very special, very remarkable man and I know that despite the fanfare (which he was not a big fan of!), he is looking down and proud of what we have done.

Also, Jen was honored with a lifestyle change award. She had written in and told how she had changed her lifestyle after having Noah and her entry was picked! She got to go up on stage and receive her award. Here are some pictures from walk.


Our Team

Waiting for Jen to be presented with her awardWalking for her Grandpa-Mia was still waking up, it was early!
Jen being presented her award

On the big screen :)
Walking

The kids hula hooping in one of the tents after the walk


My mom and aunt
Noah and Mia had the bounce house to themselves!
Our Family
The Pulins Family
Enjoying a post-walk snack

No comments: