Friday, August 14, 2009

American Heart Walk

Many of you have already received emails from me or seen on facebook that I am walking the American Heartwalk in memory of my dad on September 26th. I have to say I have the greatest friends because I have already raised several hundred dollars. However, I am still short of my goal of raising $500. Please consider donating to this wonderful cause.

Throughout my dad's life, he dealt with heart problems and both Mia and I currently visit cardiologists on a yearly basis for less serious problems (on a side note, Mia's condition seems to have corrected itself, so she will now get to visit a little less frequently). The American Heart Association dedicates more monies to research than any other voluntary health organization, and only the federal government funds more cardiovascular research.

If you would like to donate you can either click on the fundraising thermometer on the side of the page (this tracks my fundraising progress) or go directly to my page by clicking here. Again, thank you to those of you who have already donated and those of you considering!

No comments: