Sunday, September 16, 2007

Graue Mill Corn Fest

Today Mia and I picked up my mom and went to Graue Mill. My mom had invited us to the corn fest they were having. They had lots of yummy food and activities for kids. Mia's highlight was seeing some horses and getting to pet them of course! Another highlight was being serenaded by a gentlemen from the little band that was playing. He also gave Mia a little shaker to shake with the music. We also walked around a bit, visited the visitor's center where Mia got to see fish, a snake and some other stuffed (real) animals. I also demonstated my stilt-walking skills for my mom and Mia (one of the old-fashioned activities they had out), and Mia got to practice walking by holding on to my and grandma's hands. :) Thanks mom for the invite!

Mia and Grandma at the water wheel

Taking a walk Mia being serenaded

Mia and Mommy at the waterwheelMia, me and the horse
And on another note, now that Mia is eating table food, one of her favorite things to eat is black beans. Here is what she looks like as she chows down on them.


And here is a totally random picture from Friday. I went to Kendall and met up with Dayna, Jackie, their kids and my former 3rd grade team for lunch. It was so great to see all my old coworkers! Sadly I was having major issues with my camera. As a result, this was about the only picture I got, Mia drinking her sippy on the couch in the teachers lounge. :) Turns out my zoom lense is broken, so I am going to have to send it int to Nikon. Thank god it is still under warranty!



No comments: