Sunday, September 9, 2007

Road Trip to St. Louis

This weekend was a new first for us-our first roadtrip!!! Mia and I headed down to St. Louis for Addison's 2nd birthday. Cort couldn't join us because he had to work Saturday detention, so I thought I would give it a whirl. I wasn't sure how it would go since Mia typically does not appreciate being retratined for long periods of time, but she did awesome. It was a 4-hour ride and on the way there we stopped about an hour short of St. Louis for lunch and playing at McDonalds playland. On the way home, we just went straight on through since Mia was sleeping and content in the back. I just continued to pass back the sippys, cherrios (in her new snack trap-thanks Lisa!), and toys and she was happy.

Addison's party was a lot of fun! Lisa and Bob did a great job with the food and decorations. The party had a Curious George theme and Addison's cake was the cutest! I also got to spend a little more time with Lucas than when he was here for Mia's party which was great. Here are some pictures from the party:
The party girl

The cake Blowing out candles
First taste of her cake
Lisa and Lucas

Mia playingAnd since I didn't get any pictures of Mia and Addison together, here is a picture of the 2 of them from when they came for Mia's party.

No comments: