Wednesday, July 30, 2008

2-Week Checkup

I cannot believe it!! Cole is already 2 weeks old. This post will be out of order as I still have some catching up to do on other pictures, but I figured since we went to the doctor today I would share his stats. Cole is now up to 9 pounds, 11 ounces. This puts him in the 75th percentile for weight. Ironically enough this is exactly what I weighed when I was born. It gives me new appreciation for my mom. :) Cole was 8 pounds, 10 ounces when he was born and left the hospital at 8 pounds, 3 ounces, so it was reassuring to hear that he had a good weight gain. I have yet to give him a bottle (I need to start pumping!), so it is hard to know how much he is getting. Apparently it is enough. :)

Cole's height is 22 1/8th, putting him in the 90th-95th percentile. He must have that Graske height! Cole's head is only in the 25th-50th percentile and I say "only" just because Mia has always topped out in this category in the 95th percentile. :)

Everything else looked good as well. The stump of his umbilical cord finally fell off and his circumcision was nicely healed. His skin is super-dry and flaky, but the pediatrician says that is normal for a 2-week old and it will just run its course. They went through the normal battery of questions and it seems like we are right on track with things. Cole is currently feeding about every 2 hours during the day (hope to spread that out soon!), and about every 3 hours at night. He is starting to get more alert and open his eyes more. Today he was able to track me as he lay on the bed and I moved back and forth. We have been working on our tummy time, although Cole likes to just conk out in the middle of it sometimes.

I finally got motivated enough and took a couple of pictures of Cole today. This was pretty short-lived as he promptly peed and pooped on the blanket. :) My photo friend Carla comes tomorrow to take pictures and I am very excited to have someone else take pictures of my child!!!




No comments: