Sunday, July 6, 2008

Baby Knuckles' Room

Baby Knuckles' Room is not quite as complete as it could be at this point, but I figured I would share a couple pictures before he arrives and I am completely sleep-deprived and forget!! :) A big thank you goes out to my in-laws (Papa, Gigi, Sarah and Ian) who outfitted the nursery with the bedding and accessories. Also, Sarah and Ian were very generous and have passed along Aidan's old rocker for us to use in the room. This is nice since we still use the one in Mia's room at night when we read stories and put her to bed.

We did not end up painting the walls at all, which I am sure Cort was thrilled with! :) They ended up matching things very well. The color is a little wonky in these pictures since I took them as the sun was setting (the walls are more blue than the gray they look in the pictures).

The crib with the bedding and mobile
Some of the star wallies
(I will probably put more up, but am waiting to get other stuff on the walls)

Dresser/changing area

Armoire and Rocker (do you see Zip's tail sticking out of the ottoman?)Quilt and pillow

I also hit up Pottery Barn Kids the other night and was able to get some more cute accessories for the room. Here is a little piggy bank which will go on top of the armoire.

I also picked up a nice blanket that will be the baby's to keep since everything else he has is hand-me-downs at this point. :) I also got some star pegs to hang frames and this star wire system in blue (this can hang pictures, artwork, etc.), both which I still need to figure out where to put up.

I am still looking for a curtain rod, and my aunt has so nicely agreed to sew a valance for the window in the room. We are also probably going to do something with the baby's name above the crib, but that first requires a name, and I am not willing to commit to one until I see our little guy. :) Were not quite there yet, but were making good progress!!!

No comments: