Tuesday, December 16, 2008

More Snow!!

Today we got another significant snow here. We decided it might be fun to take Mia outside to play in it. First though, we had to get the kids dressed. I swear it took a half an hour and felt like something out of "A Christmas Story."

First we had to get Mia in her gear-sweatpants and sweatshirt, snowpants, boots, coat, hat, and mittens. Cort also had to blow up her inflatable sled.


After she was dressed, she sat and waited patiently (seriously!) in her sled, waiting for us to say it was time to go outside.
I thought I just needed to quickly put Cole in his bunting, but it turned out he had pooped out of his outfit while I was dressing Mia and he was laying on the floor-good times! We put on his little bear suit (which actually used to be Mia's-an adorable gift from my Aunt Jan), and then punt an additional bunting on top to make sure he was nice and toasty. :)

I think he knows how cute he looks. :)

After all that, we FINALLY made it outside. Mia went on her sled and played in the snow first, while Cole chilled out (literally) inside the garage.




Then we decided it was time for Mia to earn her keep. :) I had actually intended to give Mia her shovel for Christmas, but when she saw us shoveling she wanted to help and how could I say no???




Mia had a great time (except for the time she accidently dumped a shovel-full of snow over her head and into her face!) and appears to appreciate winter more than her mom. She had a great time and I am sure she will be asking to go out again tomorrow! I'll leave you with one last picture. Don't mind Cole's goofy face, poor guy probably could hardly move. :)
Cole out in his first snow with Dad

2 comments:

Melissa, Joey, and Michael said...

They loved it huh? i think you have 2 of the happiest kids ever...do they cry??:)

Becky's Blog said...

Never-ha!! ha!! :)