Monday, December 1, 2008

Potatoes are the New Apple

Those of you who have toddlers know how eating can go. One day your child will eat something, the next day they won't. One day they refuse to eat something, the next day it is their favorite. Because of this, we just try, try again when it comes to certain things. One of those things is baked potatoes. A week or two ago we tried to get Mia to eat one, but she was not interested.

Tonight we tried again. I topped her potato with butter and cheese and gave it to her, talking it up the whole time. She asked for us to cut it for her and initially she ate some with her fork and I thought we were successful. Then she started to get upset and was insisting on having my potato that was not yet cut or covered in toppings since I was feeding Cole. I told her she had one on her plate, clearly not understanding. Finally she said she wanted to pick up the potato with her hand (which she didn't want to do with hers because it was covered in toppings). I passed along my potato to her and she started eating it like an apple, completely plain. But, hey, she ate it!!! :) Gotta love kids!!

1 comment:

Julie, Charlie, Carter, Logan & Ava said...

So cute! Becky, this made me laugh out loud! Yum!