Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Health Updates-The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

I realized I have not updated on a couple medical things lately, so thought I would do it now.

The Good-Mia had a check-up with the cardiologist to check on her pulmonary stenosis. She got a great report!! Apparently her heart sounds almost normal and the stenosis will most likely completely clear up. We don't have to go back for a year!!!

The Bad-I got my blood test results back and while it is good I don't have gestational diabetes, apparently the antibody screen came up positive again. I didn't ask many questions last time since we were thinking it was lab error since the last test had come up negative, but I have an appointment next Tuesday and you can be sure I will be clarifying and trying to get more info to understand this better. I know it is not anything of great concern at this point since they are not overly worried about it, but it of course worries me. :)

The Ugly-(Warning-stop reading if you have a weak stomach!!) Both Mia and I have had disgusting puking experiences in the car in the last week or two. First, Mia threw up on the car ride to the cardiologist. She managed to mainly get her shirt and not much else, so I cleaned her up and we proceeded on our way to the doctor. In my defense, she was a happy, smiley child afterwards so I figured she ate something bad. Then on the way home, it started again, this time worse, and all over her and the carseat. The grossness of it then made me get sick-lovely. Then this past weekend I was really uncomfortable and think the baby probably moved. Sunday night I felt gross and miserable, but was feeling better Monday morning until the car ride to work. I was almost to school when without warning I started puking all over. I will leave it at the fact that I had red juice for breakfast and both myself and the car required a bit of clean-up. Fun times!!

On another note, I will be an aunt later today!!! Jen is having her baby girl today!!!

No comments: