Thursday, January 8, 2009

Happy Birthday Blog!!

Can you believe it?? It has been 2 years since I have started this blog! 2 years ago at Christmas I had just received my Nikon D40 as a wonderful Christmas gift from Cort, and figured a blog would be a good way to share pictures. Along the way, it pretty much became my baby book for Mia and Cole-just not as traditional as usual. It has served the purpose of combining 2 of my loves-my family and taking pictures. I missed 300, but today is post number 302!! That is an average of 150 posts a year-not too bad!

Today I decided to take a little walk down memory lane. Here is my first post to the blog, 2 years ago. I can't believe what a little chunker Mia was in those pictures. In case you don't want to click back, I just went into my computer and pulled a picture that was taken almost exactly 2 years ago-would you look at Mia!!! The first thing I notice is her chub and how blue her eyes were. We really thought she was going to have blue eyes for quite awhile, but they have turned more of a greenish/hazel color, which is what I think they will stay. It is funny seeing her eyes so blue, because Cole's have never been this blue. I think he will be our brown-eyed boy for sure. I look at this picture and feel like it was a lifetime ago, but it has not been that long. It is truly amazing how quickly children grow up. I should add this is Mia at about the same age Cole is right now (from the pics yesterday).


Continuing the walk down memory lane, here is a posting from the blog about 1 year ago-New Years Eve. I was a little slow on the blogging around this time last year because I was sooooo fatigued from being pregnant with Cole. Of course nobody knew yet and everyone just thought I was a slacker. :) I cannot believe how little Mia and Ava look!

And just for entertainment's sake, I went back and pulled a picture that was taken almost exactly 1 year ago, again if you don't feel like clicking back. 1 year ago Mia had just been walking for a short time (she was a late walker). I look at this picture and truly can't believe how much Mia has grown in the last year. Most noticeably how much her HAIR has grown in the last year-Wowza!! I remember being excited that Mia actually had hair at this point-little did I know the curl explosion that was coming my way! Here she is sporting her "I have a secret" shirt.


And that brings us to today. Here is Mia as I was playing around with some different settings on my camera (she has been my guinea pig lately). You can see her eyes are no longer really blue and she now has enough hair that I can put in true pigtails-woo hoo!!! There is nothing about her that seems "babyish" to me anymore, it is more like she is a little girl, a little person. Time sure flies (sorry she is a little magenta-like I said I was practicing)!!

Anyhow, thanks if you made it this far on my walk down memory lane. I am always curious who is checking out the blog (I will always run into people who say they have seen it who I had no idea were checking us out), I would love it if you left a comment and let us know. Don't be shy! I would love to see our visitors and get some blog love. :) Also, this blog needs a major facelift as my poor son is not even represented on the banner at the top! I will try to make some changes soon, so stay tuned. Here's to another year of blogging!!!

6 comments:

Lovers said...

Wohoo!!! I love your blog and all the pics! That was a very nice memory lane post. Thanks for keeping me entertained!

jimmynvenessa said...

This is such a good way to see the differences in the kids because sometimes you don't notice it unless you go back and compare how much they have grown and changed in a short time. We love checking your blog!!

Julie, Charlie, Carter, Logan & Ava said...

I love how connected we all are through these blogs! I get such a kick out of seeing all the amazing pictures and hearing all the updates--it's like we're able to chit-chat every other day! Thanks for sharing!

mrs.monica @ RTP_inHeels said...

Blogging has been a blessing for me, as I am not a great phone person but still want to stay connected with all my good friends and watch their children and families grow. I love watching Mia and Cole! Thanks for bringing Blogging into my life too! :)

Anonymous said...

Ok so I love looking at your blog! I probably pull it up once every two weeks or so and Bruno knows the kids. He looks and says oh that is Mia and oh there's bsby Cole! He loves loves looking at the pics!!
Dayna

Amber said...

Hi Becky! You might have guessed it, but I'm following your blog off of Heather's. Congrats on your kiddos! I love the name Cole (it was only list, too). Enjoy your day off tomorrow!