Friday, January 16, 2009

Lots Going On!

I realize once again I have been absent from blogging and promise to try and get back on the bandwagon again. This will be a picture-less post, but I do have a bunch of pictures I have to go through and get posted.

Until then, an update will have to do. Things have been a little crazy in our household over the last week or two. To begin with, we found out Mia's crib had been recalled. This would be fine except for the fact that the recall requires you to take apart the crib and send back all the hardware before they will issue a voucher for a new one-lovely. So we decided to pull out the twin matress we have (from when we had an "extra" bedroom) and place that on the floor for Mia. We have it surrounded by pillows, but little Miss Mia finds a way to roll off of it nightly. I did just get some bedrails today! This is a post for a later time though as I have some pictures to go along with that. :) I do have my voucher now so I will be hitting up Babies R Us this weekend to pick out a new crib, which we will probably just convert straight into a bed.

To add to that, Cole has been sick for about the past week. It started out as a cold, with a major snotty nose, which Cole was none to pleased about having wiped. It then settled into a cough and finally into an ear infection. My normally very mellow, laid-back child has been VERY needy thoughout the day and waking up throughout the night. Finally yesterday I decided to call the doctor and see if they would just do a quick ear-check. Sure enough, his right ear is infected. He has now had 2 doses of antibiotic and already seems better (by the way Meijer gives free antibiotics for kids if you didn't know that).

Finally, the biggest news is probably that Cort is back to work!! He was supposed to have gone back yesterday, but we ended up with a snow day/cold day. I think he is happy to get back and be with grown-ups, but he has commented how he will really miss the kids and how he is so thankful that he got to have this opportunity. Going along with this, after a LONG search and much obsessing, we have finally settled on daycare for the kids. Mia will be attending a center that is on my way to school and Cole will be watched by Sarah's mom 3 days a week and Cort's mom 2 days a week. While it is not ideal to make 2 drop-offs (although Cort's mom will come to our house), I do feel that both kids will be in the best possible environment for each of them.

Both Cort and I feel like Mia is so ready for "school." She is so into reading, books, pretending, etc., and just loves to be around other kids. I am both excited and nervous for this next big step. I even have to get her a backpack!!! The center she is going to seems like a good fit for us, and I was happy to hear that it is also where my pediatrician sends her kids. She will do snack and lunch there and they have some enrichment things like music. They even say they will email me pictures some days of Mia-so of course you know I love that!! As far as Cole, I still feel like he is too little to send to a center (plus most don't take infants 1/2 days), so to have Cole be either at our house or houses he is familiar with is a great fit. We will offically start daycare on Tuesday (since Monday is MLK day). I have already determined that I am going to need to get up a 3 a.m. to get everyone dressed, fed, and out the door on time! :) The good news is this is only for the next 5 months and then we can re-evaluate to see if this has worked for us.

So anyhow, that is why we have been so busy lately, but I promise that I will get on the ball and get some pictures posted soon!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Becky,

I have been reading your blog periodically since I have been checking on Heather's new addition. I also wanted to let you knwo that meijer does free prenatal vitamins if you wanted to tell others. I have put the word out about it, because ours were $35.00 a month regularly. Your little ones are too cute. Take Care!!

Heather Corum