Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Enjoying the Afternoons

The last couple of afternoons have been so nice and Mia has been fighting her afternoon nap (more on that later), so I have decided to get out and enjoy the weather. We recently renewed our Arboretum membership (which is such a great membership to have with the Children's Garden there!) and so on Monday afternoon Mia and I took a trip there. I should know better, but we headed first to the marble water ball, where Mia immediately became soaked. Now I have to say Mia is a bit prissy sometimes when she gets things on her, but she was just so happy to be splashing in the water she didn't even care. She even fell and scraped her knee and didn't even cry she was so distracted. Since she was already soaked (I did remember to bring a spare outfit for the car ride home!), we headed next to where the frogs are that squirt water out of their mouths. Mia spent the next 30 minutes there tossing rocks into the little pond and splashing herself. She had a great time, and even better fell asleep on the car ride home!

Now speaking of that afternoon nap, Mia is still on 2 naps. She has been a great sleeper at both of them until just recently. I think she is finally ready to transition to just 1 nap. I have about 1 month of school left and then the transition will be begin! Currently Mia's afternoon naptime requires a bit more coaxing than I would like. She likes to play and babble in her crib and the second she hears me come in the room, she literally hits the deck and pretends to be sleeping-she has quite the personality!!!

Excited about the water ball

Splashing with the rocks
My curious girl checking out a flower box (can you see her curls?)

No comments: