Tuesday, June 3, 2008

32-Week Growth Ultrasound/33-Week Appt.

This past Wednesday I had my 32-week growth ultrasound. They were basically looking to make sure all the measurements looked good for Baby Knuckles. While I have typically had ultrasounds like this done at the high-risk OB, this time my regular OB said I could have it done at one of their satellite offices. Well, I have to say we have been spoiled by the high-risk OB with the giant LCD screen to watch the ultrasound on, as well as the 3D/4D feature. This time, we saw Baby Knuckles on a tiny little screen with a not-so-great picture. :) We got some pictures too that I need to scan but needless to say, they are a little hard to decipher. :)

But, most importantly we got good news. The baby is measuring right on track for my due date. He did shift from being breech to being head down now (which I think happened around the time I was so uncomfortable I puked all over myself on the way to work). They are estimating his size to be around 4 pounds, 6 ounces. They said I can expect him to gain about 1/2 a pound each week for the remaining weeks, so that puts him at about 8 pounds if I go to 39 weeks.

I also had my appointment Monday (they are now every 2 weeks), which was still pretty routine. Everything continues to look good. My belly measured 32 centimeters and the heartbeat was 146 (which is exactly the same as what it was at the ultrasound too). I gained 4 pounds (yikes! In 2 weeks????), so that brings me to a grand total of about 20 pounds total so far. I was able to put in a request for the dr. I would like to do my c-section, but really it just mainly depends who is on schedule on July 14th and 15th and if it matches up. I requested Dr. Martin (for my other friends who use Central DuPage OB/GYN) since he was the one who delivered Mia and I just felt like took good care of me the first time around.

All I can say is I can't believe I am only 6 weeks away!!!!

2 comments:

sarahalexander said...

WOW! Only 6 weeks left :) That's so exciting and scary!! I don't think I'm ready for our countdown to be in the single digits!!

Have you guys thought of any names yet?? Just curious :)

Julie, Charlie, Carter, Logan & Ava said...

I'm so excited for you and baby boy - super happy to hear how healthy everyone looks! Can't wait to meet him, only six short weeks away...