Monday, June 30, 2008

37-Week Checkup

Well first off, yay!!! I made it full-term. Now where is that darn baby???? :)

In all seriousness, I am happy to have made it full-term and had my 37-week checkup today. I had some extra stuff added on to the appointment due to another positive antibody screen that had come up (I had probably failed to mention they started drawing my blood for these again). Anyhow, they wanted to monitor the baby with a non-stress test and to also check fluid levels to make sure everything still looked a-ok. They assured me this was just them being overly cautious.

After a LONG 2-hour visit at the Dr., everything checked out well. Baby Knuckles was a super-active baby during the non-stress test, which helped things along nicely, and everything looked good on the ultrasound as well. I also had another internal and the obligatory "Wow! The baby is REALLY low!" from yet another dr. Still no more progress, I guess I am destined to hang out at 3 cm. for the remainder of this pregnancy. One interesting tidbit from Dr. Weeks today was that when I had Mia is more likely an indicator of when I will go into labor than how many cm. dilated I am. That was a little bit of a bummer as I was hoping to maybe get an early start now that I am full-term and all. :) Anyone want to start placing bets on when this baby is coming?

I will say that these last couple of days I am slowing down a bit. I have been feeling good, but lately I am super-tired. Having a wild and crazy (and teething again!) toddler doesn't always go together with that! :) Luckily Cort will be around more this week and next as his work schedule isn't as heavy, so that will be a much appreciated break for me. It is now just a waiting game. The bags are packed (mine and Mias!), the carseats installed, pack and plays up, clothes washed, the room somewhat decorated, and now we just wait..

3 comments:

Julie, Charlie, Carter, Logan & Ava said...

Maybe a surprise Fourth of July baby???

mrs.monica @ RTP_inHeels said...

glad you made it to full-term. I was thinking of you. Can't wait to meet little "knuckles"!

Kristina Young said...

You and me both, sister, you and me both!!! Wait, wait, wait...