Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Trip to the Zoo with Payton

Today we had a playdate at the Brookfield Zoo with Kristy and Payton, as well as her sister and her kids Jolie and Emmett. Kristy's plans for today had fallen through so I mentioned how I was thinking about going to the zoo. The kids had a great time seeing the lions, tigers and bears (literally), as well as checking out the petting zoo (always a big hit with Mia!) and the fish at the Living Coast.

The kids grooming the goats
The goat tried to nibble Mia and she found that very funny
More grooming with Payton and Mia
Meeting a mule friend
Watching a duck presentation with Payton
Kristy and her sister decided to take the kids on the carousel, but I declined since being 8 months pregnant and going in circles doesn't sound so great to me. As Mia watched the carousel go around, she kept pointing at the different animals on it and saying "sit, sit." How could I say no to that? A nice family noticed my child gazing longingly for a ride and gave us an extra ticket they had. Needless to say the circular motion was not fun for me (I seriously had to look down the whole time or I think I would have gotten sick), but it was worth it seeing how excited Mia was.
Let me on!!
Mia tried out the ladybug (she is all about ladybugs these days)
But decided she liked sitting on the bench better :)
She was clapping she was so excited
And Miss Curly-Q in black and white

4 comments:

Kristina Young said...

She's gorgeous! And I just scrolled down to see a shot of you... you look fabulous!!!

lisa said...

Wow Becky...that shot of Mia in black and white is AMAZING!!!

Julie, Charlie, Carter, Logan & Ava said...

what a doll!

Lovers said...

I love her hair!