Sunday, June 22, 2008

Heart for Life 2008

Today was the 10th Annual Heart for Life Run/Walk. It is hard to believe I have been doing this for 10 years!! Before we left the house, the rain was pouring down, but by the time the race had started, the skies had pretty much cleared and it turned out to be a beautiful day. Pam saw a rainbow on the way there and I would like to think my dad was looking down on us. We all wore our shirts again in rememberance of my dad, which was very special to see again. It was also awesome to watch all the kids get to participate in the kids run now that they are all getting older. Also, 3 of the families (Pulins, Graskes, and Dasbachs) all won prizes in the raffle-yay!! Congrats to Pam who ran her personal best!!!

I did not walk much since I didn't think that would be the best idea, but that allowed me to cheer on the brave part of the group that ran. Thank you to my mom and aunt for taking Mia along with them so I didn't have to walk and Cort could run.

Thank you to all of you who came out! It was a great day and it means so much to be able to spend it with you all year after year. :)

Warning-lots of pictures ahead!!!


Waiting for the race/walk to begin
Steph and Pat

Sam

Noah

RyanSome brave runners
Pam
Cort pushing the Dasbach kids
Mike
And the walkers come in-my mom and Noah, Aunt and Mia
The kids getting ready for their race
Mia with Michael and Joey
Aidan getting a pep talk
And they're off!!!
Pat
Sam and Joey
Jen and Noah
Cort and Mia
Sarah and Ava
My little Mimi and Leo finishing strong :)
Mia with her first medal
Steph
Aidan
The kids with their medals


Mia and Noah
Relaxing after the race
Cort, Mia and me Pam, me and Melissa
Even Alaina got to make an appearance
Look at the cheesy smile
Ava, Steph, Mia and Pat

1 comment:

Our family said...

I can't believe we missed it this year! I am so sad:( Next year we won't plan our camping trip at the end of June!