Friday, March 16, 2012

Daddy-Daughter Dance

Last night was Mia's very first Daddy-Daughter Dance.  We bought tickets weeks ago and had been anticipating the dance ever since.  Mia was so, so excited to go and I have to say it was just the sweetest thing seeing her and Cort together.  Honestly, seeing the two of them gave me a glance into the future and reminded me of the sentiment behind the song There Goes My Life

This dance is a really big deal at her school and they put on a great event.  There was food, pictures, a chance to get hair done, etc.  Cort texted me mid-way through and told me how crazy packed it was.  I guess there was over 500 people there-wow!

To prep for the big occasion I bought Mia a new dress (which will double for Easter) and let her get her nails done.  :)  I also picked up a wrist corsage (reminded me of high school, ha, ha) for her to wear.  I anxiously awaited Cort and Mia's return (they went out with 2 other dads for ice cream afterwards) and they finally rolled in a bit after 9.  Apparently they had a great time together and Cort showed me some videos of Mia dancing up a storm.  I'm so glad they had such a good time and I am sure this will most likely be a tradition for years to come.  I just can't wait until Cole is in school there and I can go to the Mother-Son dance! 

Here are A LOT of pictures from before they left...

Cort presenting Mia with her wrist corsage.  She had no idea she was getting one and was thrilled.
(not sure why pictures don't look clear lately, you can click on them to see them better)

  Love how she is looking at her daddy here
 Cort was taking this very seriously!

 Mia and daddy

 So sweet
 Posing
 Mia's eyes are a hazel/greenish/grayish color and it was fun to go with a dress that was a little different from what she normally wears and brought out her eyes a bit.

 On a side note, can you believe this was March 16th and she is sitting outside in a sleeveless dress with no need for a little cardigan over it??  Crazy!!
 She was just bursting with excitement!
 I think Cole was a little bummed to be left out of the action, but I took him out for ice cream and that seemed to make it all better! :)
 One more of Mia and Cole
Mia was literally getting in the car when I realized I didn't get a picture with her.  I made her come back and take one with me.  :) 

2 comments:

Shannon said...

BECKY THESE ARE GREAT! It made me tear up! We had ours last month but I love seeing these "boys" we love now as Dad's to beautiful daughters and being so involved! Mia looked so cute!

Becky's Blog said...

Aw, thanks! :) It is crazy to see the boys "all grown up" (and all with daughters, lol!