Saturday, March 24, 2012

Shedd Aquarium

As I mentioned back in this post, each month we have been doing a different excursion with my mom.  This month we headed into the city to the Shedd Aquarium.  It was so much fun!  My mom was a good sport and let us pick her up at 8:15 (gotta beat those crowds and be there right when they open!).  We saw so many cool fish and sea creatures.  According to the family two big highlights were the big aquarium when you first walk in (where we got to see the diver feed the animals and talk to the audience) and Wild Reef (amazing aquariums and sharks).  Mia even got to ask the diver in the big tank a question that he answered while he was swimming-How does he get in there?   :)

Please excuse any blurriness or funky colors in these pics.  They discourage flash photography around the fish, so I only busted out the flash when fish were not present.  :)

Mia and Cole checking out one of the many aquariums
 Cole and Grammy checking out some fish
 Doesn't he look happy?
Mia checking out one of the poison-dart frogs 
 Kiss for a fish
Here was Mia with the same fish 4 years ago!  My how she's grown!

My mom's reaction to some of the ENORMOUS river fish (true River Monsters!) 
 Mia
 Cole
 Mia and the snake
Cole and the snake 
Grammy and Mia 
Insane crab! 
Cort and my mom 
 Mom and the kids at lunch (you can't tell here, but we had a nice view of the lake)
 Cole touching some sea stars
 Mia's turn
 Some hands-on exhibits
 Thanks to my mom for getting pictures of me with the kids today!



 My mom loved the otters-they were sooooo cute!!
 Kids today-Mia asked if she could take a video of the penguins with my phone-really???
 One of our penguin friends
 My two favorite penguins
 Family shot
 Grammy and Mia learning something new
 Me with Mia
 Mia, Cole and a turtle
Mia
 My favorite of the day!

Thanks mom for a great day!

No comments: