Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Pinterest-Inspired Crayons

As I mentioned here, I have a new love in my life-Pinterest!  :)  I do have to admit that I do more pinning than actual projects, but right around Valentine's day I came across one I knew we had to do.  The project was taking old crayons and melting them down in a heart-shaped molds to create new heart-shaped crayons.  I knew the kids would have a blast doing this and I had a TON of extra crayons on hand.  They did end up loving it and we decided to give them to their friends at school as part of their Valentine's (more on Valentine's Day in a later post). 

Step 1-Peeling the crayons (ignore the PJs, it was early!)


Step 2-Break the crayons into little pieces
Step 3-Placing various colored crayons in each little mold

Step 4-Ready for the oven (225 degrees for about 8-10 min)
Step 5-Pull out to cool and set
The finished product-pretty cool, huh?

(1.31.12)

No comments: