Sunday, March 18, 2012

Valentine's Day

Can I just say I love Valentine's day?  I don't know what it is, but in my ranking of holidays, it is follows closely behind Halloween (which follows closely behind Christmas).  As I am typing this, I am beginning to think I just like holidays.  :)

Anyhow, there is something about the box-making, the excitement about both giving and getting valentines, and those fabulous conversation hearts that I just love.  This year the kids were really into it and both thoroughly enjoyed making their Valentine boxes for school, as well as helping me make their home-made valentines.  I had to stop at the DMV right after school on Valentine's Day and I made sure to tell Cort not to let the kids start going through their boxes until I got home.  :) 

I tried to make the day fun for the kids with some heart-shaped food throughout the day and a "fancy" Valentine's dinner at our "fancy" table (aka Dining Room-and dad cooked dinner!).  Since my birthday is so close to Vday, Cort and I use Valentine's Day as a day to celebrate with the kids and then we celebrate my bday and vday together another night on our own.  You know the day was fun when the kids are asking when Valentine's Day is coming next.  :)

Cole working on his box
Mia working on hers (excuse the pjs and crazy hair!)
Busy Bees
The homemade valentines
Heart-shaped pancake breakfast


What a goof! :)



Lunch time!
And our "fancy" dinner


My Valentine
My other Valentine :)

No comments: